Ash Ketchum is the protagonist of the Pokemon anime. Despite the fact that Pokemon has much less death than other animes, and that Ash is the main character, Ash is killed several times throughout the series (mostly in movies), though he always comes back.
- In the episode "The Tower of Terror", jumped toward Haunter and Gastly when they sank disappointed into the ground (as he wanted to capture them), and as they sank into the ground before Ash could reach them, he smashed into the ground, and the chandelier fell on top of him and Pikachu, crushing/electrocuting them both. Their spirits were pulled out by Haunter as ghosts, and were later returned to their bodies, alive.
- In the first movie, "Mewtwo Strikes Back", jumped between Mewtwo and Mew as they shot energy waves at each other that could have destroyed everything and everyone present. The attacks collided on him and turned him to stone; however, the tears of all the Pokemon (original and cloned) brought him back to life.
- In "The Power Of One", he was on Lugia's back when he crashed into icy waters, which would kill him instantly.
- In the movie "Lucario and the Mystery of Mew", along with nearly every other human character in the Tree of Beginning, was eaten by a blob designed to fight off humans. Was later revived by Mew along with the rest.
- In the Victini movies, he gets crushed by the force of Psychic/Confusion, which most likely kills him.
- Again in the Victini movies, he is knocked out and most likely killed by a combination of asphyxiation and freezing from entering space during the climax.