In the series of Disney animated films, the main villain is more often than not killed off, sometimes by falling, sometimes by magic, and other times by brutal means.
Disney Animated Canon (and Sequels)Edit
Listed in order films were released; sequels will be listed in the same section as the original regardless of what films were released in between
Also, despite having their own sections below, Disney Princess films and Pixar films will be included in the main list
Snow White and the Seven DwarfsEdit
- Evil Queen (Grimhilde) - Cliff she was standing on was struck by lightning, sending her falling to her doom. In addition, the boulder rolls down after her, and two vultures presumably eat her remains.
- Monstro - While attacking Pinocchio, crashed into a rock wall, presumably killing him. (He is something of a secondary antagonist to Honest John)
- Man - Presumably killed in a forest fire
Lady and the TrampEdit
- Rat - Killed by the Tramp
- Maleficent - Stabbed in the heart by Prince Phillip with the Sword of Truth. Fell over a cliff afterwards and was reduced to a shredded cloak.
- Madame Medusa - Presumably eaten by Brutus and Nero. (The Rescuers)
- Percival C. McLeach - Pushed into the river by Bernard, and fell over Croc Falls. (The Rescuers: Down Under)
The Black CauldronEdit
- The Horned King - When Gurgi jumped into the Black Cauldron to take away its power, the Horned King was caught in its suction. His skin was sucked off his bones, which were then destroyed in a ball of flame.
The Great Mouse DetectiveEdit
- Professor Ratigan - Fell to his death from Big Ben when its clock bell rang.
Oliver & CompanyEdit
- Sykes - Crashed his car into an oncoming train.
The Little MermaidEdit
- Ursula - Impaled by Prince Eric with the bow of a sunken ship, destroying her.
Beauty and the BeastEdit
- Gaston - Lost his footing and fell from the castle balcony and into the chasm. This is one of the more iconic "fall to your death" scenes. A deleted scene depicts Gaston being attacked by wolves after the fall. (Beauty and the Beast)
- Forte - In a rage, fell off his wall and was killed when he hit the ground. (Beauty and the Beast: The Enchanted Christmas; If this sequel is canon, then his death occurred before that of Gaston)
The Nightmare Before ChristmasEdit
- Oogie Boogie - A thread was torn off him by Jack causing his insides - bugs - to fall out. Most fell into the lava and his main bug was crushed by Santa.
- Jafar - Destroyed when Iago kicked his lamp into the lava (since he turned into a genie and was bound to his lamp). (Aladdin and Return of Jafar)
- Sa'luk - Grabbed the gold part of the Hand of Midas and turned into a gold statue. (Aladdin and the King of Theives)
The Lion KingEdit
- Scar - Eaten by the hyenas as revenge for trying to blame his crimes on them. (The Lion King)
- Zira - Tackled into a ravine by Kiara, leaving her hanging onto the edge; She was unable to hold on and fell into the raging river below. A deleted scene made this a suicide instead (The Lion King II: 'Simba's Pride)
The Hunchback of Notre DameEdit
- Frollo - Gargoyle he was hanging onto broke off and sent him falling into a pool of molten copper.
- Shan Yu - Blown up by Cri-Kee with a rocket (with assistance from Mulan and Mushu), exploding once he and it slammed into the fireworks tower.
A Bug's LifeEdit
- Hopper - Captured by a bird and fed to its chicks.
- Clayton - Became tangled in vines, and cut all the vines holding him up, accidentally hanging himself on the last vine
- Sabor- Killed by Tarzan with a spearhead Offscreen.
- Kron - Bitten by the carnotaur and violently thrown
- Carnotaur - Sent falling off a cliff by Aladar
The Emperor's New GrooveEdit
- Yzma - Presumably eaten by a falcon's chicks. (presumed death happens at the tail end of Kronk's New Groove, although the TV series depicts her alive, so her fate depends on whether The Emperor's New School is canon)
- Rourke - Turned to crystal by Milo slashing his arm with a crystal shard, and then shattered to pieces on the propeller blades of the hot air balloon. (Atlantis: The Lost Empire)
- Kraken - Destroyed by Mole, Audrey, and Kida firing missiles at a subpod full of torpedoes, blowing it up when it was next to him. (First arc of Atlantis: Milo's Return)
- Edgar Volgud - Aged into dust when Mole, Kida, and Audrey killed the kraken, since the kraken kept him immortal for many years. (First arc of Atlantis: Milo's Return)
- Ashtin Carnaby - Turned into a coyote spirit by the other coyote spirits. Is technically a ghost now. (Second arc of Atlantis: Milo's Return)
- Scroop - Knocked into the air by Jim when the gravitron was off, and was sucked into space.
- Syndrome - Bob threw a car at his jet, causing him to be sucked into a turbine by his cape.
- Charles F. Muntz - Tried to jump back to his blimp, but became tangled in balloons and fell to his death.
The Princess and the FrogEdit
- Dr. Facilier - When Tiana smashed his talisman on the ground, he was unable to pay back his debts to the voodoo demons, so they dragged him into hell to take his soul as payment.
- Mother Gothel - Aged into dust when Eugene cut Rapunzel's hair. In the middle of this, Pascal tripped her with Rapunzel's hair causing her to fall out the window. (She was already dust before she hit the ground)
- Mor'du - Crushed by a falling mehnir.
- Mr. Whiskers - Impaled by a falling stake from the ceiling
- King Candy - While merged with the main Cy-Bug, became mesmerized by the beacon of diet coke lava (a volcanic eruption caused by Ralph knocking Mentos pillars into the lava) and flew into it. (His death was final as he was not in his original game at the time, since his true identity was Turbo)
Of the 12 Disney Princess movies (the ones where the Disney Princesses first appeared), all but three (Cinderella, Pocahontas, and Frozen) kill off their main villain. (These nine are also listed above)
- Evil Queen - Cliff she was standing on was struck by lightning, sending her falling to her doom. Boulder fell off after her and her remains were eaten by vultures. (Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs)
- Maleficent - Stabbed in the heart by Prince Phillip with the Sword of Truth. (Sleeping Beauty)
- Ursula - Impaled by Prince Eric with the bow of a sunken ship. (The Little Mermaid)
- Gaston - Lost his footing and fell from the castle balcony into the chasm. (Beauty and the Beast)
- Jafar - Destroyed when Iago kicked his lamp into the lava. (Aladdin; killed in his second film)
- Shan Yu - Blown up by Cri-Kee with a rocket. (Mulan)
- Dr. Facilier - Dragged into hell by the voodoo demons. (The Princess and the Frog)
- Mor'du - Crushed by a falling mehnir. (Brave)
Only a few Pixar movies have killed the main villain:
- Hopper - Eaten by a bird's chicks. (A Bug's Life)
- Syndrome - Sucked into a jet turbine by his cape due to Mr. Incredible throwing Mr. Dicker's car at his jet. (The Incredibles)
- AUTO - Shut down by the Captain and most likely decomissioned. (WALL-E)
- Charles Muntz - Became tangled in balloons and fell to his death. (Up)
- Mor'du - Crushed by a falling mehnir (Brave)
- Ernesto de la Cruz- Crushed by a giant bell during a concert; In the Land of the Dead, he is thrown towards a bell by Pepita, and crushed by it. He is later forgotten by everyone. (Coco)